Just because we have entered the holiday season doesn’t mean we have to boot exercise off our schedule. Let’s anchor our exercise so we can continue to feel strong, confident, and healthy all the way till January!
Plan your holiday schedule around your workouts; don’t plan your workouts around your schedule.
For example, if a friend calls and begs you to go out to brunch during a scheduled workout, ask them to meet up at another time (or even better, ask them to come workout with you!).
Strategize how you can balance increased demands on your time while maintaining your commitment to exercise. Anticipating and planning for disruptions in your schedule will help you keep exercise consistent during this busy time of the year.
Just because you can’t make it to the gym/class or can’t find a babysitter doesn’t mean you can’t workout. Try something new!
- Go snowshoeing with your family. It’s only $5/hour at Lincoln Marsh in Wheaton!
- Try cross-country skiing at the Arrowhead Golf Club.
- Enjoy a walk to though the Morton Arboretum and get in the holiday spirit with “Illumination.”
- Have a dance party in the kitchen.
- Throw down a challenge with a fellow gamer on Wii Fit or Kinect Sports.